kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
San Diego, California
Location of San Diego
within San Diego County
|Country||United States of America|
|Established||July 16, 1769|
|Incorporated||March 27, 1850|
|• Type||Strong mayor|
|• Body||San Diego City Council|
|• Mayor||Todd Gloria|
|• City Attorney||Jan Goldsmith|
|• City Council|
|• City||372.40 sq mi (964.51 km2)|
|• Land||325.19 sq mi (842.23 km2)|
|• Water||47.21 sq mi (122.27 km2) 12.68%|
|Elevation||422 ft (129 m)|
|Highest elevation||1,591 ft (485 m)|
|Lowest elevation||0 ft (0 m)|
(July 1, 2014)
|• Rank||1st in San Diego County|
2nd in California
8th in the United States
|• Density||4,003/sq mi (1,545.4/km2)|
|• Urban||2,956,746 (15th)|
|• Metro||3,095,313 (17th)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
92101–92124, 92126–92132, 92134–92140, 92142, 92143, 92145, 92147, 92149–92155, 92158–92161, 92163, 92165–92179, 92182, 92186, 92187, 92190–92199
|GNIS feature IDs||1661377, 2411782|
San Diego (//) is the second largest city in the U.S. state of California and eighth largest in the United States. It is at the southwest corner of California, as well as the southwest corner of the continental United States. It was founded in 1769 and it is the oldest city in California. The mayor of San Diego as of 2015 is Kevin L. Faulconer
San Diego is home to the San Diego Padres baseball team.
Substance Abuse Statistics in San Diego
Heroin, fentanyl, alcohol, and prescription drug addiction are common addiction types in San Diego. In 2017, there were 273 unintentional prescription-related deaths in San Diego County and 7,505 opioid-related visits to emergency rooms. From 2016-2017 there was a 115% increase of fentanyl-related deaths in San Diego. In 2017, there were 357 alcohol-related deaths in San Diego County. Of those deaths, 127 also involved prescription drugs, 15 involved a combination of heroin and prescription drugs, and involved heroin. 15,952 adults were admitted into drug treatment centers in San Diego in 2017. In 2016, an estimated 125 million opioid pills were sold in San Diego County, which equates to nearly 38 pills per person.
- "Office of the City Attorney". The City of San Diego. http://www.sandiego.gov/cityattorney/. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "City of San Diego Official Website". https://www.sandiego.gov/.
- "San Diego Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers | Addiction Treatment in SD, Southern California" (in en). https://americanaddictioncenters.org/treatment-centers/california/san-diego.
- "Drug Treatment Plan" (in en-US). https://www.greenhousetreatment.com/addiction-treatment-services-dallas/admissions/.
- "Insurance for Rehab & Payment Options" (in en-US). https://www.greenhousetreatment.com/addiction-treatment-services-dallas/payment-options/.