kidzsearch.com > wiki
Seismic loading depends, primarily, on:
- Anticipated earthquake’s parameters at the site
- Geotechnical parameters of the site
- Building structure’s parameters
- Characteristics of the anticipated gravity waves from tsunami (if applicable).
Sometimes, seismic load exceeds ability of a structure to resist it without being broken, partially or completely. Due to their mutual interaction, seismic loading and seismic performance of a structure are intimately related.
- Hudson, D.E. (1979). Reading and Interpreting Strong Motion Accelerograms. EERI. .
- The Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Portal
- Seismic Pounding between Adjacent Building Structures