kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
A gas station, also known as a filling station, fueling station, service station or petrol station is a facility which sells fuel and lubricants for motor vehicles. The most common fuels sold are gasoline (petrol) or diesel fuel.
The fuel is dispensed by a gas pump. Some of the different kinds of fuel are:
- Gasoline (petrol)
- LPG (GPL)
- Ethanol fuel (like E10, E85, E100)
Many gas stations have a convenience store close to the pumps, to make extra earnings.
- Gasoline price comparisons at the Open Directory Project
- An interview with architectural historian Jim Draeger about the history of filling stations from Wisconsin Public Television
- Petroleum Equipment Institute
- Petrol station cost structure
- Gasoline Signs — Signs and logos of gas stations in the United States
- British Petrol Stations — Design & branding history of filling stations in Great Britain
- U.S. Department of Energy's Gas Price Watch Hotline — A U.S. government site to report alleged gas price gouging in the United States
- Report: Economics of the Nova Scotia Gasoline Market
- Shell in the U.S.: Some basic truths about buying gas today