kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
|Star Wars: Episode I -|
The Phantom Menace
|Directed by||George Lucas|
|Produced by||Rick McCallum|
|Written by||George Lucas|
|Music by||John Williams|
|Edited by||Paul Martin Smith|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|May 19, 1999 (USA)|
|133 min. (original)|
136 min. (DVD)
- Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn
- Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Natalie Portman as Queen Padmé Amidala. Keira Knightley plays Queen Amidala's decoy Sabé.
- Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker
- Ian McDiarmid as Senator Palpatine
- Ahmed Best as Jar Jar Binks
- Pernilla August as Shmi Skywalker
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2
- Ray Park as Darth Maul, voiced by Peter Serafinowicz
- Silas Carson as Nute Gunray
- Frank Oz as the voice of Yoda
- Andy Secombe as Watto
- Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
- Terence Stamp as Finis Valorum
Two Jedi Knights, Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi, are sent on a mission by the Galactic Republic to engage in peace talks with the greedy Trade Federation of Neimoidia. They learn that the Neimoidians are sending a blockade to the planet of Naboo. In order to warn the people of Naboo, they transport themselves on Trade Federation battleships, after their ship was destroyed purposely. They reach the swamps of Naboo, separately. Qui-Gon Jinn meets Jar Jar Binks, and they find Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon Jinn asks Jar Jar to tell them of a safe place to hide from the attacking droids. Jar Jar takes them to Otoh Gunga, his birthplace, but Jar Jar was sent into exile from Otoh Gunga years ago. As such, when he returned, Boss Nass, the Gungan leader, ordered Jar Jar to be executed. Obi-Wan, following his master's instructions, rescues Jar Jar and flees to the city of Theed on a bongo, a water transport system. They find the Queen, Amidala, who escapes with them to the Republic, but in the blockade, their ship's engine was damaged.
They barely had enough power to reach Tatooine, and still needed a new T-14 hyperdrive generator so as not to be stuck on the planet forever. They were not able to afford any, as the planet concentrates only on money, not galactic credits. Luckily, they met Anakin Skywalker, a young slave, who helped them gain the money by participating in a very dangerous podracing event. Finding abnormal midi-chlorians in the boy, Qui-Gon attempts to take Anakin as his Padawan, but was disallowed by the Jedi Council. On the other hand, war at Naboo breaks out and during the war, Qui-Gon, who faced a battle with a Sith apprentice named Darth Maul, died in the battle. Obi-Wan agrees to train Anakin as his Padawan. Anakin turns out to be a very successful padawan and later loses his mom.
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace on IMDb
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace at AllRovi