kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
|Tokyo Medical and Dental University|
|Motto||Cultivating Professionals with Knowledge and Humanity |
|Academic staff||677 |
|Location||Bunkyō, Tokyo, Japan|
|Colors||Bloom Gold |
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Hatnote' not found. Tokyo Medical and Dental University (東京医科歯科大学 Tōkyō ika shika daigaku ) or TMDU in short, is a Japanese national university in Tokyo.
TMDU has three campuses. One is the Kounodai (国府台) campus. The closest station to the campus is Ichikawa Station. Freshmen learn liberal arts and sciences there. By being on the outskirts of Tokyo, Kounodai campus is in a rich natural environment. The others are Yushima (湯島) and Surugadai （駿河台） campus. The closest station to the campuses is Ochanomizu Station. Upperclassmen learn their speciality there.
TMDU has faculty of medicine and faculty of dentistry. There are also two graduate schools, medical and dental sciences and health care sciences; four undergraduate faculties - medicine, dentistry, health care sciences and oral health care sciences; two university hospitals; an undergraduate college of liberal arts and sciences; and two research institutes, the institute of biomaterials and bioengineering and the medical research institute.
The university was founded under the name of "Tokyo National School of Dentistry" as the first dental education institution in 1928. Then in 1951, it was reestablished with the faculty of medicine as Tokyo Medical and Dental University.
TMDU's education philosophy is:
- To give students a broad education and a rich sensibility
- To teach creative people who can diagnose and solve problems by themselves
- To teach medical professionals with a rich international quality
Getting into TMDU
To enter TMDU, students should pass 2 types of exams: the National Center Test for University Admissions and the university's own exam.
- 2-minute walk from Marunouchi Subway, Ochanomizu Station
- 3-minute walk from JR Chūō-Sōbu Line, Ochanomizu Station
- 4-minute walk from Chiyoda Subway, Shin-Ochanomizu Station
- 10-minute walk from Keisei line, Konodai Station
- 20 mitutes by bus from JR Chuo / Sobu Line, Ichikawa Station
- Sparkling lights from the TMDU laboratories until midnight all year round is one of the features of Ochanomizu.
On Christmas Day, there are sparkling lights in the shape of a Christmas tree on M&D Tower.
- Akio Suzuki (the previous president of TMDU) was known as a respected doctor of cardiac surgery. In Osamu Tezuka's Black Jack (a Japanese manga), he was introduced as "Prof. 'S' of University 'J'". Prof. 'S' refers to Akio Suzuki and University 'J' refers to Juntendo University in Tokyo.
Yushima campus buildings
- M&D Tower
…on your left side when looking from Ochanomizu Station.
- Medical Building
…in the middle of M&D Tower and Dental Building.
- Dental Building
…on your right side when looking from Ochanomizu Station.
- "TMDU Overview 2010 / Statistics". http://www.tmd.ac.jp/cmn/adm/over_view/gaiyouH22_eng.pdf. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Number of students". http://www.tmd.ac.jp/english/outline/statistics/students/index.html. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- TMDU is an English acronym. TMDU stands for "Tokyo Medical and Dental University".
- Farrell, S. E., Takada, K., Armstrong, E. G., Tanaka, Y., & Aretz, H. T. (2009). Reform of a traditional clinical curriculum in Japan: experiences at Tokyo Medical and Dental University. Medical teacher, 31(10), 947-949.
- Sunakawa, M., & Matsumoto, H. (2009). Effectiveness and difficulty of education on nosocomial infection control for pre-clinical practice in the clinic, so-called inclusive clinical practice phase I, for students in the Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University. Kokubyo Gakkai zasshi. The Journal of the Stomatological Society, Japan, 76(1), 25-30.
- Sunakawa, M., Matsumoto, H., Harasawa, H., Tsukikawa, W., Takagi, Y., & Suda, H. (2006). Inspection by infection control team of the University Hospital, Faculty of Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University. Kokubyo Gakkai zasshi. The Journal of the Stomatological Society, Japan, 73(2), 184-191.
- Tanaka, H., & Nakaya, J. (2007). Research and education for biomedical informatics at Tokyo Medical and Dental University. Yearbook of medical informatics, 16(01), 157-162.