kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
University of Tokyo
|The University of Tokyo|
|Latin: Universitas Tociensis|
|Academic staff||2,209 full-time|
276 part-time (2017)
|Other students||804 research students|
|Location||Bunkyō, Tokyo, Japan|
|Former names||Imperial University (1886–1897)|
Tokyo Imperial University (1897–1947)
|Athletics||46 varsity teams|
The modern university was established in 1877. It merged older government schools for medicine and Western learning.
In 1866, the name was changed to Imperial University (帝國大學 Teikoku daigaku ).
In 1897, the name became Tokyo Imperial University (東京帝國大學 Tōkyō teikoku daigaku ).
After the end of World War II, the early name of the school was restored.
Faculties and Colleges
- Faculty of Agriculture
- College & Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty & Graduate School of Economics
- Faculty & Graduate School of Education
- Faculty & Graduate School of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Letters
- Faculty of & Graduate School Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of & Graduate School Science
- Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
- Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
- Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Graduate Schools for Law and Politics
- Graduate School of Mathematical Sciences
The University of Tokyo has the following research institutes.
- Institute of Oriental Culture
- Institute of Social Science
- Institute of Medical Science
- Earthquake Research Institute
- Institute of Industrial Science
- Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences
- Institute for Cosmic Ray Research
- Institute for Solid State Physics
- Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute
- Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology
Many prime ministers of Japan have studied at University of Tokyo.
- Reijirō Wakatsuki
- Osachi Hamaguchi
- Kōki Hirota
- Kiichirō Hiranuma
- Kijūrō Shidehara
- Shigeru Yoshida
- Tetsu Katayama
- Hitoshi Ashida
- Ichirō Hatoyama
- Nobusuke Kishi
- Eisaku Satō
- Takeo Fukuda
- Yasuhiro Nakasone
- Kiichi Miyazawa
- Yukio Hatoyama
Novel Prize receivers
Seven alumni of University of Tokyo have received the Nobel Prize.
- Yasunari Kawabata, Literature, 1968
- Leo Esaki, Physics, 1973
- Eisaku Satō, Peace, 1974
- Kenzaburō Ōe, Literature, 1994
- Masatoshi Koshiba, Physics, 2002
- Yoichiro Nambu, Physics, 2008
- Ei-ichi Negishi, Chemistry, 2010
- University of Tokyo Press
- List of national universities in Japan
- Earthquake engineering
- Kyoto University
- "Academic and Administrative Staff". https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/about/staff_numbers.html. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "Enrollment". https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/about/enrollment.html. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- University of Tokyo (Todai), About the University of Tokyo; retrieved 2012-4-17.
- Todai, History; retrieved 2012-4-17.
- "The University of Tokyo". http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/academics/faculties.html. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "The University of Tokyo". http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/academics/graduate_schools.html. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- Ichimura, K., Nibu, K. I., & Tanaka, T. (1997). Nerve paralysis after surgery in the submandibular triangle: review of University of Tokyo Hospital experience. Head & neck, 19(1), 48-53.
- Sora, S., Ueki, K., Saito, N., Kawahara, N., Shitara, N., & Kirino, T. (2001). Incidence of von Hippel-Lindau disease in hemangioblastoma patients: the University of Tokyo Hospital experience from 1954–1998. Acta neurochirurgica, 143(9), 893-896.
- Ohe, K., & Kaihara, S. (1996). Implementation of HL7 to client-server hospital information system (HIS) in the University of Tokyo Hospital. Journal of medical systems, 20(4), 197-205.
- Togashi, J., Akamastu, N., & Kokudo, N. (2016). Living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma at the University of Tokyo Hospital. Hepatobiliary Surgery and Nutrition, 5(5), 399.
- Akamatsu, N., & Kokudo, N. (2016, May). Living liver donor selection and resection at the University of Tokyo Hospital. In Transplantation Proceedings (Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 998-1002). Elsevier.
- Tsubaki, T., Orii, T., & Sugiura, M. (1990). Utilization of a computerized system at the pharmacy department of the University of Tokyo Hospital--impact of prescription order entry and computerized dispensing system. Japan-hospitals: the Journal of the Japan Hospital Association, 9, 61-67.
- "Departments". The University of Tokyo. http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index/c00_e.html.
- Daigaku-ranking.net, 大学別総理大臣リスト (in Japanese); retrieved 2012-4-17.
- "Historical Figures". Birth of the Japanese Constitution. National Diet Library of Japan. http://www.ndl.go.jp/constitution/e/etc/figures.html. Retrieved 24 May 2013.