kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Tony Atkinson at the Festival of Economics in Trento, May 2015
Anthony Barnes Atkinson
4 September 1944
|Died||1 January 2017 (aged 72)|
|Institution||Nuffield College, Oxford|
London School of Economics
|Field||Economics of income distribution, poverty, micro-economics|
|Alma mater||Cambridge University|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Sir Anthony Barnes "Tony" Atkinson, (4 September 1944 – 1 January 2017) was a British economist. He was the Senior Research Fellow of Nuffield College, Oxford and Centennial Professor at the London School of Economics. A student of James Meade, Atkinson virtually single-handedly established the modern British field of inequality and poverty studies. He worked on inequality and poverty for over four decades.
- "Atkinson, A. B. (Anthony Barnes), 1944–". Library of Congress. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79141286.html. Retrieved 17 July 2014. "CIP t.p. (A.B. Atkinson, London School of Economics) data sheet (b. 09-04-44)"
- RIP Sir Tony Atkinson
- "Tony Atkinson – Biography". Tony Atkinson – personal website. http://www.tony-atkinson.com/biography/. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Mind the Gap: Anthony Atkinson, the godfather of inequality research, on a growing problem", The Economist, 6 June 2015, https://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21653596-anthony-atkinson-godfather-inequality-research-growing-problem-mind-gap?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/st/mindthegap, retrieved 7 June 2015
- Giles, Chris; O'Connor, Sarah. "Sir Tony Atkinson, economist and campaigner, 1944-2017". Nomura. https://www.ft.com/content/cbda844a-d0ea-11e6-9341-7393bb2e1b51. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- Anthony Atkinson: The economist who battled against inequality has died. 2 January 2017. http://www.wort.lu/en/panorama/anthony-atkinson-the-economist-who-battled-against-inequality-has-died-586a518453590682caf17284. Retrieved 2017-01-02.