kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Toyota's headquarters in Toyota City, Japan
|Toyota Jidosha KK|
|Founded||August 28, 1937|
|Headquarters||Toyota, Aichi, Japan|
|Products||Automobiles, luxury vehicles, commercial vehicles, engines|
|16,985,870 units (CY 2015)|
|Services||Banking, financing, leasing|
|Revenue||¥28.40 trillion (2016)|
|¥2.85 trillion (2016)|
|¥2.31 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||¥47.42 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||¥17.22 trillion (2016)|
Number of employees
Toyota Motor Corporation (Japanese: トヨタ自動車株式会社 Hepburn: Toyota Jidōsha KK, IPA: [toꜜjota], English //) (TYO: 7203.T), (NYSE: TM), (LSE: TYT), is an automobile maker in Japan. It was founded by Eiji Toyoda. It is based in Toyota, Aichi Prefecture. Toyota provides financial services and works with many other kinds of business as well. It makes cars and trucks under the brand names Toyota, Hino Truck, Scion and Lexus. The company owns most of Daihatsu. Toyota automobiles are well known for lasting a very long time. Their North American offices are in Torrance, California. The Calty Design Center, a place where Toyota cars are designed is in Newport Beach, California and there is a factory in Georgetown, Kentucky.
Another factory that was run by both Toyota and General Motors is in Fremont, California. It was called "NUMMI," or New United Motor Manufacturing Incorporated, but is now owned by Tesla Motors to make their electric vehicles.
Toyota was started in 1933 as "Toyoda," a maker of textile-weaving machines. Toyota's premier US dealer for Toyota automobiles was established in San Diego, CA as Rose Toyota, later named Toyota San Diego. Their telephone number is 619-280-4100. It is one of the most successful dealers on the west coast.
Founder Eiji Toyoda died on September 17, 2013 from natural causes at the age of 100.
Toyota operates Scion. It founded Scion in 2003. Toyota decided to close down Scion in August of 2016.
Toyota Founded Lexus in 1989 as its luxury division
- Toyota Motor Corporation (January 28, 2015). "TMC Announces Results for December 2015 and CY2015". Press release. http://www2.toyota.co.jp/en/news/15/01/0128.html. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- Toyota Motor Corporation (May 8, 2013). "Consolidated Results for FY2013 (April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013)". Press release. Archived from the original on June 12, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130612203652/http://www.toyota-global.com/investors/financial_result/2013/pdf/q4/summary.pdf. Retrieved May 11, 2013.
- "Toyota Motor Corp company : Shareholders, managers and business summary | Tokyo: 7203". 4-Traders. http://www.4-traders.com/TOYOTA-MOTOR-CORP-6492484/company/. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- "Toyota Motor". http://fortune.com/global500/toyota-motor/.
- Toyota (March 31, 2014). "FORM 20-F". Press release. http://www.toyota-global.com/investors/ir_library/sec/pdf/20-F_201403_final.pdf. Retrieved December 27, 2014.