kidzsearch.com > wiki
University of Wisconsin–Madison
|University of Wisconsin– Madison|
|Motto||Numen Lumen (Latin)|
|Motto in English||
"God, our light" or |
"The divine within the universe, however manifested, is my light."
|Type||Flagship, public, land-grant, sea-grant|
|Students||42,595 (Fall 2010)|
|Undergraduates||28,897 (Fall 2010)|
|Postgraduates||9,358 (Fall 2010)|
933 acres (378 ha)
|Colors||Cardinal and white|
|Mascot||Bucky Badger (Buckingham U. Badger)|
The school's athletic program, which competes mainly in the Big Ten Conference, is named the Badgers and they have won 27 national championships. The women's hockey team plays in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.
- "Ask Abe Archives – Campus Traditions". Uwalumni.com. http://www.uwalumni.com/home/travel/askabe_campus.aspx. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2011 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2010 to FY 2011" (PDF). http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2011_NCSE_Public_Tables_Endowment_Market_Values_Final_January_17_2012.pdf. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Community: : University of Wisconsin–Madison". Wisc.edu. http://www.wisc.edu/about/facts/community.php#community. Retrieved June 9, 2012.
- Butterfield, C. W.. History of the University of Wisconsin. Madison: University Press, 1879.
- Fred, Edwin Broun. A University Remembers. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 1969.
- Thwaites, Reuben Gold. History of the University of Wisconsin. 1900.