kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
2.2 million (2003)|
(Italy, Croatia, Slovenia)
The Venetian language (in Venetian: vèneto) is a Romance language.
It was the language once spoken in the Republic of Venice.
In the present day, it is spoken in the Italian regions of Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Giulia, in Slovenia and in Croatia. It is also spoken in Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina states) and Mexico (town of Chipilo) by the descendants of Italian immigrants.
- United Nations (1991). Fifth United Nations Conference on the Standardization of Geographical Names: Vol.2. Montreal.
- Holmes, Douglas R. (1989). Cultural disenchantments: worker peasantries in northeast Italy. Princeton University Press.
- Minahan, James (1998). Miniature empires: a historical dictionary of the newly independent states. Westport.
- Kalsbeek, Janneke (1998). The Čakavian dialect of Orbanići near Žminj in Istria: Vol.25. Atlanta.
- Frawley, William (2003). International encyclopedia of linguistics: Vol.1. Oxford University Press.