kidzsearch.com > wiki
A NASA artist's rendition of a Voyager spacecraft
|Flyby of:||Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune|
|Launch date:||August 20, 1977|
|Launch vehicle:||Titan III-E Centaur rocket|
|Webpage:||NASA Voyager website|
Voyager 2 is a spacecraft used by NASA to explore Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. It has currently been the only spacecraft to travel to Uranus and Neptune. Because of this, a majority of pictures we see of these two planets came from this spacecraft. It was identical in form to its sister ship, Voyager 1. The probe is currently moving away from the solar system, and is heading out into deep space.
Both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 include the Voyager Golden Record, which is a recording of sounds and images of life on earth. It was designed by a team headed by Carl Sagan to communicate with extraterrestrial life.
- NASA Voyager website
- Voyager Spacecraft Lifetime
- Voyager 2 Mission Profile by NASA's Solar System Exploration
- Spacecraft Escaping the Solar System - current positions and diagrams
- Mission state
- VOYAGER RECENT 6-HOUR HISTORY
- Voyager 2 Detects Odd Shape of Solar System's Edge 23 May 2006