kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming|
Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming
|Born||May 15, 1857|
|Died||May 21, 1911 (aged 54)|
Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming (May 15, 1857 – May 21, 1911) was a Scottish astronomer. She helped develop a common organization system for stars. She also and kept track of thousands of stars and other astronomical items. Fleming discovered the Horsehead Nebula in 1888. Fleming died in Boston of pneumonia in 1911.
- "Dundee Labour : Lesley Brennan". http://www.dundeelabour.org.uk/lesleybrennan13112013.htm.
- Cannon, Annie J. (June 1911). "WILLIAMINA PATON FLEMING". Science 33 (861): 987–988. June 30, 1911. . .
- McKanic, Arlene (8 August 2011). "Famous Craters and the People They Are Named After". https://www.brighthub.com/science/space/articles/122802.aspx.
- Waldee, S. R.; Hazen, M. L. (November 1990). The discovery of early photographs of the Horsehead nebula. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. 102: 1337
- The Horsehead Nebula in the 19th Century, by Waldee
- Cannon, Annie J. (November 1911). Williamina Paton Fleming. The Astrophysical Journal. 34: 314.
- Fleming, Williamina Paton Stevens. Journal of Williamina Patton Fleming. 1900.