kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
World peace is an idea of freedom, peace, and happiness among everyone. World peace is an idea of a world without violence, where nations try to work with each other. World peace could mean equal human rights, technology, free education for everyone, engineering, availability of medicine, diplomats and/or an end to all forms of fighting.
A report in May 2011 on the Global Peace Index, found that if the world had been 25% more peaceful in the previous year, the global economy would have had an additional $2 trillion. This amount would have covered 2% of the GDP per year required to avoid the worst effects of global warming, cover all costs to achieve the Millennium Development Goals, cancel the public debt held by Greece, Ireland and Portugal, and cover the one-time rebuilding costs for the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.
Many religions believe in world peace. The League of Nations and the United Nations were created to make world peace. Many theorists, however, believe that humans were born to be violent and preventing it would not be possible because it is nature. Others have said that criminals do not believe in peace and will continue to commit crimes.
- "World less peaceful for third year running". Financial News. 29 May 2011. http://www.financial-news.co.uk/2592/2011/05/world-less-peaceful-for-third-year-running. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- Sikhism: Frequently Asked Questions About Sikhism
- Titze, Kurt, Jainism: A Pictorial Guide to the Religion of Non-Violence, Mohtilal Banarsidass, 1998
- Rambam, Mishneh Torah, Hilkhot Melachim, ch. 11-12
- Bukhari, Kitab Ahadith al-Ambiya; Bab: Nuzul 'Isa Ibn Maryam; Muslim, Bab: Bayan Nuzul 'Isa; Tirmidhi, Abwab-al-Fitan; Bab Fi Nuzul 'Isa; Musnad Ahmad, Marwiyat Abu Huraira.http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/M_fop/fop11.htm
- Dharmic Wisdom Quotes - Page 3 - Hindu Dharma Forums
- Smith, P. (1999). A Concise Encyclopedia of the Bahá'í Faith. Oxford, UK: Oneworld Publications. pp. 363–364. .
- "World Peace: The Impossible Dream?", Interscience, Wiley, http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122574427/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0 .
- United Church of God, http://www.ucg.org/, retrieved August 2011 .
|Wikiversity has more on: A World of Peace, Love and Happiness|
- World Change Forum, http://www.worldchangeforum.org/, "striving for world peace through an open, uncensored, global discussion" .
- Kumar, Arun, Global Open Peace Initiative, Aaditya, http://peace.aaditya.org/, "Mission — Attain Inner Peace to Retain Outer (Global) Peace" .
- Marek, Michal, Global Open Peace Initiative, Marek, http://peace365.org/, "Mission — Obtain Global Peace" .
- Peace in the World, Mindmeister, http://www.mindmeister.com/18150212?title=peace-in-the-world