kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s|
|Years:||1086 1087 1088 – 1089 – 1090 1091 1092|
- Northumbria is divided by the Normans into the counties of Northumberland, County Palatine of Durham, Yorkshire, Westmorland and Lancashire.
- August 11 – A powerful earthquake is recorded in Britain.
- June 22 – Gaston IV of Bearn and the Frankish crusaders take the Aragonese city of Monzón from the emir of Zaragoza.
- Cîteaux Abbey, the first Cistercian monastery, is founded in southern France.
- The Synod of Melfi under Pope Urban II issued decrees against simony and the clerical marriage.
- date unknown
- May 24 – Lanfranc, Archbishop of Canterbury
- May 31 – Sigwin von Are, Archbishop of Cologne
- September 29 (or 30) – Theobald III, Count of Blois
- November 11 – Saint Peter Igneus, Italian Benedictine monk
- Canellas, Angel (1951). Las Cruzadas de Aragon en el Siglo XI. Archived from the original on 2012-02-25. https://www.webcitation.org/query?id=1330189700857268. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- Pope Bl. Urban II, Catholic Encyclopedia, http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15210a.htm