kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389|
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- June 12– Peasants' Revolt: In England, rebels from Kent and Essex, led by Wat Tyler and Jack Straw, meet at Blackheath. There the rebels are encouraged by a sermon by renegade priest John Ball.
- June 14– Peasants' Revolt: Rebels destroy John of Gaunt's Savoy Palace and storm the Tower of London, killing the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Lord Chancellor. King Richard II of England meets the leaders of the revolt and agrees to reforms such as fair rents and the abolition of serfdom.
- June 15– Peasants' Revolt: During further negotiations, Wat Tyler is murdered by the King's entourage. Noble forces subsequently overpower the rebel army. The rebel leaders are eventually captured and executed and Richard II revokes his concessions.
- Catherine of Siena, Italian saint (born 1347)
- King Charles V of France (born 1338)
- Bertrand du Guesclin, Constable of France