kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1379 1380 1381 – 1382 – 1383 1384 1385|
- Khan Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde, overruns Moscow as punishment for Grand Prince Dmitri Donskoi's resistance to Khan Mamai of the Blue Horde in the 1370s. Dmitri Donskoi pledges his loyalty to Tokhtamysh and is allowed to remain as ruler of Moscow & Vladimir.
- John Wyclif's teachings are condemned by the Synod of London.
- The Ottomans take Sofia from the Bulgarians.
- August: The iconic painting The Black Madonna of Czestochowa is brought from Jerusalem to the Jasna Góra monastery in Poland.
- September, 30: The inhabitants of Trieste (now in northern Italy) donate their city to Duke Leopold III of Austria
- After a five year revolt, Berkuk deposes Hajji II as Mamluk Sultan of Egypt, marking the end of the Bahri dynasty and the start of the Burji dynasty.
- Death of Louis I of Hungary and Poland.
- Charles of Durazzo executes the imprisoned Joan I of Naples and succeeds her as Charles III of Naples.
- Ibrahim I is selected to succeed Husheng as Shah of Shirvan (now Azerbaijan).
- Kęstutis, the Grand Duke of Lithuania, is taken prisoner by former Grand Duke Jogaila whilst meeting him to hold negotiations. Kęstutis is subsequently murdered and Jogaila regains rule of Lithuania.
- Ahmad deposes his brother, Husain, as ruler of the Jalayirid dynasty in western Persia.
- James I succeeds his nephew, Peter II, as King of Cyprus.
- Rana Lakha succeeds Rana Kshetra Singh as ruler of Mewar (now part of western India).
- Konrad III Zöllner von Rotenstein succeeds Winrich von Kniprode as Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights.
- Balša II of Zeta (now Montenegro) conquers Albania.
- Dawit I succeeds his brother, Newaya Maryam, as Emperor of Ethiopia.
- Winchester College is founded in England.
- Duke Frederick IV of Austria (died 1439)
- Eric of Pomerania, King of Norway, Sweden and Denmark (died 1459)
- Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick (died 1439)
- Lope de Barrientos, a powerful bishop in Castile
- April 5 – Janusz Suchywilk, Polish nobleman
- May 12 – Queen Joan I of Naples (born 1327)
- August 3 – Kestutis, Grand Duke of Lithuania (born 1297)
- August 13 – Eleanor of Aragon, queen of John I of Castile (born 1358)
- October 13 – King Peter II of Cyprus
- Philip van Artevelde, Flemish patriot (born 1340)
- King Louis I of Hungary (born 1326)
- Nicole Oresme, French philosopher (born 1325)