kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1384 1385 1386 – 1387 – 1388 1389 1390|
- Sigismund, the future Holy Roman Emperor and husband of Queen Mary of Hungary, orders the murder of his mother-in-law, Elizabeta Kotromanic, and declares himself joint ruler of Hungary.
- Timur conquers the Muzaffarid Empire in central Persia and appoints three puppet rulers.
- Khan Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde invades the Timurid Empire but has to soon after withdraw due to heavy snow.
- August 23 – Death of Olaf, King of Norway and Denmark and claimant to the throne of Sweden. The vacant thrones come under the regency of his mother Margaret I of Denmark who would soon become Queen in her own right.
- December 19 – Battle of Radcot Bridge: forces loyal to Richard II of England defeated by a group of rebellious barons known as the Lords Appellant. Richard II is imprisoned until he agrees replace all the councillors in his court.
- Geoffrey Chaucer begins writing The Canterbury Tales.
- Battle of Castagnaro between the Italian cities of Verona and Padua. Padua, led by John Hawkwood, is victorious over Giovanni Ordelaffi led Verona.
- Charles III ascends to the throne of Navarre after the death of his father, Charles II.
- John I succeeds his father, Peter IV, as King of Aragon and Valencia, and forms an alliance with France and Castille.
- Magha II succeeds his brother, Musa II, as Mansa of the Mali Empire.
- June 2 – John Holland, a maternal half-brother of Richard II of England, is created Earl of Huntingdon.
- August 9 – King Henry V of England (died 1422)
- Henriette of Mömpelgard, countess of Mömpelgard and regent of Württemberg (died 1444)
- Isabella of Valois, Princess of France (died 1410)
- July 20 – Robert IV of Artois, Count of Eu (poisoned) (b. 1356)
- July 22 – Franz Ackerman, Flemish statesman (born 1330)
- August 23 – King Olaf IV of Norway/Olaf III of Denmark (born 1370)
- Peter IV of Aragon (born 1319)
- Richard Og Burke, second Clanricarde
- Peter de la Mare, English politician
- King Charles II of Navarre (born 1332)
- Elizabeta Kotromanic, regent of Hungary