kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1418 1419 1420 – 1421 – 1422 1423 1424|
Events of 1421
- March 21 – Battle of Baugé. A small French force surprises and defeats a smaller English force under Thomas, Duke of Clarence, a brother of Henry V of England, in Normandy.
- May 26 – Mehmed I, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Murad II.
- November 17–19 – St. Elizabeth flood. The coastal area near Dordrecht in the Netherlands was flooded due to an extremely high tide of the North Sea. 72 villages were drowned, killing about 10,000 people.
- John III of Dampierre, Marquis of Namur, sells his estates to Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy.
- The first patent is issued by the Republic of Florence.
- In a theory proposed by Gavin Menzies, supposedly the year that Chinese explorer Hong Bao and Zhou Wen discovered the Americas, beating Columbus by about 70 years.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
- July 25 – Henry Percy, 3rd Earl of Northumberland, English politician (died 1461)
- December 6 – King Henry VI of England (died 1471)
- date unknown
- January 21 – Niccolò I Trinci, lord of Foligno (assassinated)
- March 22 – Thomas of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Clarence, second son of Henry IV of England (killed in battle) (born 1388)
- May – Balša III, ruler of Zeta
- May 26 – Mehmed I, Ottoman Sultan (b. 1389)
- date unknown – John FitzAlan, 13th Earl of Arundel (born 1385)
- Terence, Kealey. The Economic Laws of Scientific Research. 1996.