kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||18th century – 19th century – 20th century|
|Decades:||1770s 1780s 1790s – 1800s – 1810s 1820s 1830s|
|Years:||1799 1800 1801 – 1802 – 1803 1804 1805|
- March 16 – West Point is established.
- March 25/27 – Treaty of Amiens between France and United Kingdom ends the War of the Second Coalition.
- March 28 – H. W. Olbers discovers the asteroid Pallas.
- May 19 – Napoleon Bonaparte establishes the French légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour).
- June 8 – Haitian revolutionary Toussaint Louverture is seized by French troops and sent to Fort de Joux for prison.
- July 4 – At West Point, New York the United States Military Academy opens.
- August 2 – In a plebiscite Napoleon Bonaparte is confirmed as consul for life.
- September 11 – The Italian region of Piedmont becomes a part of Napoleonic France.
- October 2 – War ends between Sweden and Tripoli. The United States also negotiates peace, but war continues over the size of compensation.
- July – Eleuthère Irénée du Pont founds E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, the modern DuPont Company.
- October – French army enters Switzerland.
- Marie Tussaud opens her famous wax museum in London, having been commissioned during the Reign of Terror to make death masks of the victims.
- Treviranus uses the term biology for the first time.
- Thomas Wedgwood produces the world's first photograph, but has no means of fixing the image, which quickly fades.
- William Symington builds the first successful steamship, the Charlotte Dundas.
- Ludwig van Beethoven performs the Moonlight Sonata for the first time.
- William Wordsworth publishes the poem "Westminster Bridge."
- The estimated world population reaches 1 billion people.
- for more information, see Category:1802 births.
- for more information, see Category:1802 deaths.