kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1760s 1770s 1780s – 1790s – 1800s 1810s 1820s|
|Years:||1796 1797 1798 – 1799 – 1800 1801 1802|
- March 1 – Federalist James Ross becomes President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate.
- March 7 – Napoleon captures Jaffa in Palestine and his troops proceed to kill more than 2,000 Albanian captives.
- March 29 – New York passes a law aimed at gradually abolishing slavery in the state.
- July 7 – Ranjit Singh's men had taken their positions outside Lahore.
- July 15 – In the Egyptian port city of Rosetta, French Captain Pierre Bouchard finds the Rosetta Stone.
- July 25 – At Aboukir in Egypt, Napoleon I of France defeats 10,000 Ottoman Mamluk troops under Mustafa Pasha.
- November 9 – Napoleon overthrows the French Directory.
- December – Napoleon becomes First Consul.
- The Dutch East India Company is dissolved.
- The Place Royale in Paris is renamed Place des Vosges when the Department of Vosges becomes the first to pay new Revolutionary taxes.
- The American System of manufacturing is invented.
- for more information, see Category:1799 births.
- for more information, see Category:1799 deaths.