kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||57 58 59 – 60 – 61 62 63|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Roman' not found.
- Romans build the first London Bridge.
- Prasutagus, king of the Iceni, made a will. He left his kingdom to his two daughters and emperor Nero.
- The Roman army annexed East Anglia.
- Boudica, widow of Prasutagus, is flogged and then forced to witness the public rape of her daughters.
- Gaius Suetonius Paulinus, governor of Britannia, leads a campaign on the island of Mona (Anglesey).
- Boudica joins the British Celtic tribes in revolt, along with the Cornovii, Durotriges and Trinovantes.
- The rebels defeat Legio IX Hispana and destroyed the capital Camulodunum (modern Colchester).
- Boudica sacks Londinium (London) and Verulamium (St Albans). Thousands of civilians are killed.
- Paulinus returns and reorganises his army. The Romans defeat Boudica's alliance, and slaughter the defeated enemy.
- Nero has people explore the historical city Meroë (Sudan).
- The Rhoxolani are defeated on the Danube by the Romans.
- Vitellius is (possibly) proconsul of Africa.
- Herod Agrippa II rules the northeast of Judea.
- The First Epistle of Peter, if by Saint Peter, is probably written between this year and c. 64.
- Paul of Tarsus goes to Rome. He is shipwrecked at Malta. He stays for three months and converts Publius, the first Bishop of Malta.
Art and science
- Hero of Alexandria writes Metrica, Mechanics, and Pneumatics.
- 60–79 – House of the Vettii, Pompeii, is rebuilt.