kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
70 Pine Street
|American International Building|
(converted from offices)
|Architectural style||art deco|
|Location||70 Pine Street|
Manhattan, New York City, NY, USA
|Antenna spire||290 m (952 ft)|
|Roof||850 ft (260 m)|
|Top floor||800 ft (240 m)|
|Floor area||864,988 sq ft (80,360.0 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||James Stuart & Co. Builders|
|Architect||Clinton and Russell; Holton & George|
|Structural engineer||Taylor Fichter Steel Construction|
70 Pine Street (also the American International Building) is a skyscraper in New York City, United States. It is a 67-floors, 952-foot (290 m) office building located at the corner of Pearl Street and running to Cedar Street in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. It was built in 1932 and is one of the tallest buildings in the world
- American International Building at SkyscraperPage.com
- "70 Pine Street" on Skyscraper Center website. Accessed: April 13, 2015.
- The American International Building, Art Deco Era, part 3, New York Scrapers, greatgridlock.net.
- Cuozzo, Steve (August 7, 2012) "Rose Takes Over at 70 Pine St", New York Post
- Yankopolus, Jennifer Evans; Cramer, James A. (2005). Almanac of Architecture & Design 2006 (Almanac of Architecture and Design). Greenway Communication. pp. 368. . https://books.google.com/books?id=Jh7ecV24_uAC&pg=PT420&dq=%22American+International+Building%22#PPT420,M1.
- Abramson, Daniel M. (2001), Skyscraper Rivals:The AIG Building and the Architecture of Wall Street, Princeton Architectural Press . (Excerpt).
- 70 Pine Street on CTBUH Skyscraper Center
- Gallery of photographs
- American International Building at Emporis.com
- American International Building at in-Arch.net
- American International Building on Skyscraperpage.com