kidzsearch.com > wiki
Big aeroplanes for transporting people are called airliners. Airliners are the quickest way to travel. Airliners can fly over mountains and bad weather. Airliners have complex technology to make them fly quickly, safely and for less money.
A few fighter aircraft can fly at 3,200 km/h (2,000 mph).
The person who drives an aircraft is called the pilot.
Scales, sizes and speeds
The smallest aircraft is a nano-aircraft.
These are the largest aircrafts. They are:
- The largest aircraft by dimensions and volume is the British Airlander 10.
- The largest aircraft by weight and largest regularly used fixed-wing aircraft is the Antonov An-225 Mriya.
- The largest military aircraft and the second largest airplane is the Antonov An-124 Ruslan.
- Video, Telegraph (2016-08-17). "World's largest aircraft the Airlander makes maiden flight in UK" (in en-GB). The Telegraph. . https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/17/worlds-largest-aircraft-the-airlander-takes-first-flight/. Retrieved 2020-09-21.
- FlyDriveReizen.nl. "Fly Drive Aanbiedingen" (in nl). https://www.flydrivereizen.nl/aanbiedingen/.
- "Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Largest Plane in the World". http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/design/q0188.shtml.
- Administrator, NASA (2013-06-06). "World's Second Largest Aircraft" (in en). http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_028_Antonov.html.