kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Antrim, County Antrim
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Scots: Antrìm, Anthrim or Entrim|
Church of Ireland and bridge over the Six Mile Water
|Population||23,375 (2011 Census)|
|Irish grid reference|
|- Belfast||19 miles (31 km)|
|District||Antrim and Newtownabbey|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Dialling code||028 94|
|EU Parliament||Northern Ireland|
|UK Parliament||South Antrim|
|NI Assembly||South Antrim|
Antrim (from Irish: Aontroim, meaning "lone ridge", [ˈeːnˠt̪ˠɾˠɪmʲ]) is a town and civil parish in County Antrim in the northeast of Northern Ireland. It had a population of 23,375 people in the 2011 Census.
- "Ballycopelann Wun-mäll – Department of the Environment". Archived from the original on 30 August 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110830193410/http://www.doeni.gov.uk/niea/ballycopelandwindmillus.pdf. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Languages/Cultural Diversity Archived 29 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Dep. of Culture, Arts and Leisure.
- The Ulster-Scot, July 2011 Archived 1 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine Charlie 'Tha Poocher' Rennals.
- Postal Towns/Bailte Poist Archived 7 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine, Northern Ireland Place-name Project. Queen's University Belfast. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Census 2011 Population Statistics for Antrim Settlement". Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA). https://www.ninis2.nisra.gov.uk/public/AreaProfileReportViewer.aspx?FromAPAddressMulipleRecords=Antrim@Exact%20match%20of%20location%20name:%20@Exact%20Match%20Of%20Location%20Name:%20%20Antrim@23?. Retrieved 10 August 2019.