kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Beauty and the Beast (1991 movie)
Beauty and the Beast is a 1991 American animated musical fantasy movie produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 30th movie in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series and the third movie of the Disney Renaissance period. The movie is based on the fairy tale La Belle et la Bête by Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont It is about a prince who is turned into a beast and a young woman named Belle whom he imprisons in his castle. To become a prince again, the Beast must love Belle and win her love in return, or he will remain a Beast forever.
The movie was first released into movie theaters on November 22, 1991. It become very popular. A direct-to-video midquel called Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas was released in 1997. It was followed in 1998 by another midquel, Belle's Magical World. An IMAX special edition version of the original movie was released in 2002, with a new five-minute musical sequence included. After the success of the 3D re-release of The Lion King, the movie returned to theaters in 3D on January 13, 2012.
- LePrince de Beaumont, Jeanne-Marie (1783). "Containing Dialogues between a Governess and Several Young Ladies of Quality Her Scholars". The Young Misses Magazine (London) 1: 45–67. http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/beauty.html.
- Smith, Grady (October 4, 2011). "'Beauty and the Beast', 'The Little Mermaid', 'Finding Nemo', 'Monsters, Inc.' get 3-D re-releases". Entertainment Weekly. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/04/disney-3d-beauty-beast-mermaid/. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- Beauty and the Beast on IMDb
- Beauty and the Beast at AllRovi
- Beauty and the Beast at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Beauty and the Beast at Rotten Tomatoes
- Beauty and the Beast at Box Office Mojo