kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
| Bufo marinus|
|Distribution of the cane toad. Native distribution in blue, introduced in red.|
The Cane Toad (Bufo marinus) is a species of toads. They are also known as the Giant Neotropical Toad and the Marine Toad. Cane Toads are love terrestrial amphibians. This means that they only went back to the water to lay their eggs. They live in Central America and South America. However, they have been introduced to Oceania and the Caribbean.
- Solis et al. 2008. Database entry includes a range map and justification for this species is of least concern.
- "Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 5.5". Frost, Darrel R. American Museum of Natural History, New York, USA.. 31 January 2011. http://research.amnh.org/vz/herpetology/amphibia/. Retrieved June 04, 2012.
- "Around the world in 10 million years: biogeography of the nearly cosmopolitan true toads (Anura: Bufonidae)". Global Ecology and Biogeography, 17: 76. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1466-8238.2007.00348.x/abstract. Retrieved June 04, 2012.
- Crossland, Alford & Shine 2009, p. 626
- Species Profile - Cane Toad (Bufo marinus), National Invasive Species Information Center, United States National Agricultural Library. Lists general information and resources for cane toad.