kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
If it occurs in humans, scientists are unclear if it is widespread or not. There are certain diseases, like the sleeping disease, that are passed on by eating human nerve tissue, especially the brain. Sometimes, cannibalism was observed with people that have mental problems or some diseases of the mind.
An example of cannibalism by humans was the Donner Party in 1846 and 1847.
- The Cannibalism Paradigm: Assessing Contact Period Ethnohistorical Discourse, by James Q. Jacobs. A critical, academic review of Mesoamerican cannibalism claims.
- BBC article about German cannibalism case
- In Defence of Cannibalism. 1982 essay by philosopher Richard Routley which examines whether and under what circumstances (e.g. eating those who died from natural causes) cannibalism might be morally acceptable.
- Harry J. Brown, 'Hans Staden among the Tupinambas.'
- Markman Ellis, "Crusoe, cannibalism and empire." Robinson Crusoe's fearful ruminations on cannibals, and Capt. Cook's reports of Maori cannibalism, which were convincing to many 18th and 19th century Europeans, though not to all modern anthropologists, set into the context of colonial empire-building.
- Video clip showing reports of cannibalism in North Korea
- History and ethical considerations of cannibalism
- Lyrics and English translation of Mein Teil, the Rammstein song about the Meiwes incident
- Cannibalism Psychology