kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Gerald M. Edelman in 2010.
Gerald Maurice Edelman|
July 1, 1929
Ozone Park, Queens, New York
May 17, 2014 (aged 84)|
La Jolla, California
|Alma mater||Ursinus College, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Rockefeller University|
|Known for||immune system|
|Notable awards||Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1972|
- "Gerald Edelman, Nobel laureate dies". U-T San Diego.com. May 20, 2014. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/20/gerald-edelman-dies/. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- "Gerald M. Edelman, Nobel Prize-winning scientist, dies at 84". Washington Post.com. May 23, 2014. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/gerald-m-edelman-nobel-prize-winning-scientist-dies-at-84/2014/05/22/4791ba76-e0f3-11e3-9743-bb9b59cde7b9_story.html. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1972". http://nobelprize.org/medicine/laureates/1972/index.html. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- Structural differences among antibodies of different specificities by G. M. Edelman, B. Benacerraf, Z. Ovary and M. D. Poulik in Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (1961) volume 47, pages 1751-1758.
- "Gerald M. Edelman, Nobel Laureate and ‘Neural Darwinist,’ Dies at 84". The New York Times.com. May 23, 2014. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/science/gerald-m-edelman-nobel-laureate-and-neural-darwinist-dies-at-84.html?_r=0. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Gerald Edelman telling his life story at Web Of Stories
- The Scripps Research Institute - Faculty: Gerald Edelman
- Nobel Prize biography
- "Evolution in Your Brain: Gerald Edelman says only the fittest neurons survive" Interview in Discover Magazine, July 2007