kidzsearch.com > wiki
Gerald M. Edelman in 2010
Gerald Maurice Edelman
July 1, 1929
|Died||May 17, 2014 (aged 84)|
|Alma mater||Ursinus College, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Rockefeller University|
|Known for||immune system|
|Awards||Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1972|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Icon/data' not found.Gerald Maurice Edelman (July 1, 1929 – May 17, 2014) was an American biologist. He shared the 1972 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Rodney Robert Porter. They won the award for their work on the immune system. Edelman's Nobel Prize-winning research concerned discovery of the structure of antibody molecules.
- "Gerald Edelman, Nobel laureate dies". U-T San Diego.com. May 20, 2014. http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/20/gerald-edelman-dies/. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- "Gerald M. Edelman, Nobel Prize-winning scientist, dies at 84". Washington Post.com. May 23, 2014. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/gerald-m-edelman-nobel-prize-winning-scientist-dies-at-84/2014/05/22/4791ba76-e0f3-11e3-9743-bb9b59cde7b9_story.html. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1972". http://nobelprize.org/medicine/laureates/1972/index.html. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- Structural differences among antibodies of different specificities Archived 2006-05-08 at the Wayback Machine by G. M. Edelman, B. Benacerraf, Z. Ovary and M. D. Poulik in Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (1961) volume 47, pages 1751-1758.
- "Gerald M. Edelman, Nobel Laureate and ‘Neural Darwinist,’ Dies at 84". The New York Times.com. May 23, 2014. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/science/gerald-m-edelman-nobel-laureate-and-neural-darwinist-dies-at-84.html?_r=0. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Gerald Edelman telling his life story at Web Of Stories
- The Scripps Research Institute - Faculty: Gerald Edelman
- Nobel Prize biographyLua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Category handler/data' not found.Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Category handler/data' not found.[dead link]
- "Evolution in Your Brain: Gerald Edelman says only the fittest neurons survive" Archived 2008-05-09 at the Wayback Machine Interview in Discover Magazine, July 2007