kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
iPad (4th generation)
The fourth-generation iPad
|Units sold||3 million iPad Minis and fourth generation iPads were shipped in the first weekend of sale|
|Operating system||Original: iOS 6.0|
Current: iOS 8.1.1, released November 17, 2014
|Power||Built-in rechargeable Li-Po battery|
11,560 mAh 3.7 V 43 W·h (150 kJ)
|System-on-chip used||Apple A6X|
|CPU||1.4 GHz dual core Apple Swift|
|Memory||1 GB DDR2 RAM|
|Storage||16, 32, 64, or 128 GB flash memory (32, 64, and 128 GB discontinued)|
|Display||9.7 inches (250 mm) 2,048 × 1,536 px color IPS LCD display at (264 ppi) with a 4:3 aspect ratio, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Graphics||Quad-core PowerVR SGX554MP4|
|Input||Multi-touch screen, headset controls, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass|
|Camera||Front: 1.2 MP, 720p HD |
Rear: 5.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilisation, face detection, ƒ/2.4 aperture
|Online services||App Store, iTunes Store, iBookstore, iCloud, Game Center|
|Dimensions||9.50 in (241 mm) (height)|
7.31 in (186 mm) (width)
0.37 in (9.4 mm) (depth)
|Weight||Wi-Fi: 652 g |
Wi-Fi + Cellular: 662 g
|Predecessor||iPad (3rd generation)|
The fourth generation iPad (sold as iPad with Retina display, sometimes called the iPad 4) is a tablet computer that is made and sold by Apple Inc. The fourth generation iPad kept the same Retina display as the last generation, but added some new features such as the Apple A6X chip, and the Lightning connector, which replaced the 30-pin dock connector. It was shipped with iOS 6, but can run the latest version of iOS, which is iOS 8.
The fourth generation iPad was announced on October 16, 2012 at a media event that was held at the California Theatre in San Jose, California. It was available for pre-order online in several countries on October 26. The Wi-Fi version of the device went on sale in several countries on November 2, 2012. The cellular model went on sale a few weeks later.
On January 29, 2013, Apple announced a 128 GB version of the 4th generation iPad. It went on sale on February 5, 2013.
The fourth generation iPad shipped with iOS 6.1. It can act as a hotspot, meaning that it can share its internet connection over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. It can also access the App Store, where users can buy and install applications for their device.
- Solomon, Kate (November 5, 2012). "Apple boasts 3 million sales for iPad mini, iPad 4". TechRadar. http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/apple-boasts-3-million-sales-for-ipad-mini-ipad-4-1110114. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "iPad 4 Teardown". iFixit. http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+4+Teardown/11462/1. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Geller, Johnathon S. (October 16, 2012). "Apple sends out invitation for iPad mini event". Boy Genius Report. http://bgr.com/2012/10/16/ipad-mini-launch-date-event/. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "Apple Introduces iPad mini". Apple Inc.. October 23, 2012. https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/10/23Apple-Introduces-iPad-mini.html. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "Apple Increases iPad with Retina Display to 128GB". Apple Inc.. January 29, 2013. https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/01/29Apple-Increases-iPad-with-Retina-Display-to-128GB.html. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Pachal, Pete (October 23, 2013). "Apple Unveils iPad Air". Mashable. http://mashable.com/2013/10/22/apple-ipad-5/. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Apple kills iPad 2 in favor of 4th-gen Retina display model - Engadget, March 18, 2014