kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Release date||November 1, 2013|
Original: iOS 7.0.3|
Current: iOS 8.1.1, released November 17, 2014
Built-in rechargeable Li-Po battery|
32.4 W·h (117 kJ)
|System-on-chip used||Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture and Apple M7 motion co-processor|
|Memory||1 GB RAM |
|Storage||16, 32, 64 or 128 GB flash memory|
|Display||9.7 inches (250 mm) 2,048 × 1,536 px color IPS LCD display at (264 ppi) with a 4:3 aspect ratio, oleophobic coating|
|Input||Multi-touch screen, headset controls, M7 motion co-processor, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass, dual microphone|
Front: 1.2 MP, 720p HD |
Rear: 5.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilisation, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture
|Online services||App Store, iTunes Store, iBookstore, iCloud, Game Center|
240 mm (9.4 in) (h)|
169.5 mm (6.67 in) (w)
7.5 mm (0.30 in) (d)
Wi-Fi: 469 g (1.034 lb)|
Wi-Fi + Cellular: 478 g (1.054 lb)
|Predecessor||iPad (4th generation)|
|Successor||iPad Air 2|
The iPad Air is the fifth type of iPad made by Apple Inc. It was announced at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on October 22, 2013. It first came with iOS 7 installed on it, but now has iOS 8. The iPad Air contains the 64-bit Apple A7 processor and another M7 coprocessor. Apple released the iPad Air on November 1, 2013.
The iPad Air is 7.5 millimeters thick, which is thinner than both the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini. It has a smaller screen bezel which looks like the one on the iPad Mini. However, it still uses the same 9.7-inch Retina Display as the previous iPad model. It runs the latest version of Apple's iOS operating system, iOS 8.
The iPad Air can run the newest operating system, iOS 7. It can act as a mobile hotspot, sharing its internet connection over Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. It can have access to the App Store, where users can buy and download mobile applications onto their device.
- iPad "Buy iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display". Apple Store (US). http://store.apple.com/us/ipad iPad. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "Apple iPad Air and new iPad mini 2 with Retina still spot 1 GB of RAM, service chat reveals". www.phonearena.com. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPad-Air-and-new-iPad-mini-2-with-Retina-still-spot-1-GB-of-RAM-service-chat-reveals_id48769. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- "Apple decks out venue for iPad event next week". CNET. CBS Interactive. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57608062-37/apple-decks-out-venue-for-ipad-event-next-week/. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Souppouris, Aaron (September 10, 2013). "iOS 7 will come to iPhones and iPads on September 18th". The Verge. Vox Media. http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/10/4715240/ios-7-release-date. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Apple decks out venue for iPad event next week". CNET. CBS Interactive. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57608062-37/apple-decks-out-venue-for-ipad-event-next-week/. Retrieved October 24, 2013.