kidzsearch.com > wiki
|32nd Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission|
|Assumed office |
May 4, 2017
|Preceded by||Mary Jo White|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania (B.S.Eng., J.D.)|
University of Cambridge (B.A., M.A.)
Walter J. "Jay" Clayton III is an American attorney. He is the 32nd and current Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission since May 4, 2017.
From 1993 to 1995, Clayton clerked for Marvin Katz, judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
On January 4, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Clayton to be SEC Chairman. On May 2, 2017, the U.S. Senate voted 61-37 to confirm Clayton as Chairman of the SEC. Votes cast in favor of Clayton's confirmation included nine Democrats and one Independent alongside 51 Republican votes. On May 4, 2017, Clayton was sworn in, marking the official beginning of his role as Chairman.
On June 19, 2020, United States Attorney General Bill Barr announced that President Trump would nominate Clayton to replace Geoffrey Berman as United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York.
- "Jay Clayton". https://www.sullcrom.com/lawyers/Jay-Clayton.
- "We Don't Need a Crisis to Act Unitedly Against Cyber Threats" (in en-US). Knowledge@Wharton. http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/we-dont-need-a-crisis-to-act-unitedly-against-cyber-threats/. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- Lovelace Jr., Berkeley (4 January 2017). "SECChairNom". CNBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/04/president-elect-donald-trump-to-pick-jay-clayton-to-be-sec-chair.html. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Senate Confirms Wall St Attorney Jay Clayton to Head SEC". The New York Times. 2017-05-02. . https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/05/02/us/politics/ap-us-sec-nominee-senate.html. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Clayton Sworn In As SEC Chairman". http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/591814/Securities/Clayton+Sworn+in+as+SEC+Chairman.
- Press, The Associated (2020-06-19). "US Attorney Who Oversaw Cases of Trump Allies Steps Down" (in en-US). The New York Times. . https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/06/19/us/politics/ap-us-manhattan-federal-prosecutor.html. Retrieved 2020-06-20.