kidzsearch.com > wikiJohn Ashbery Explore:web images videos games
Accepting the 2010 Best of Brooklyn Award
|Born||John Lawrence Ashbery|
July 28, 1927
Rochester, New York, U.S.
|Died||September 3, 2017 (aged 90)|
Hudson, New York, U.S.
|Literary movement||Surrealism, The New York School, Postmodernism|
|Notable work(s)||Self-portrait in a Convex Mirror|
|Notable award(s)||MacArthur Fellowship, Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, National Book Award, National Book Critics Circle Award, Guggenheim Fellowship|
John Lawrence Ashbery (July 28, 1927 – September 3, 2017) was an American poet. He has published more than twenty volumes of poetry and won nearly every major American award for poetry, including a Pulitzer Prize in 1976 for his collection Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror.
- "Book of Members, 1780-2010: Chapter A". American Academy of Arts and Sciences. http://www.amacad.org/publications/BookofMembers/ChapterA.pdf. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Ryzik, Melena (August 27, 2007). 80-Year-Old Poet for the MTV Generation. New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/27/books/27laur.html?hp. Retrieved 2007-08-21. "It is John Ashbery, the prolific 80-year-old poet and frequent award winner known for his dense, postmodern style and playful language. One of the most celebrated living poets, Mr. Ashbery has won MacArthur Foundation and Guggenheim fellowships and was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in 1976 for his collection "Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror."".
- ‘a serpentine | Gesture’: The Synthetic Reconstruction of Ashbery’s Poetic Voice in Cordite Poetry Review
- Poems by John Ashbery at PoetryFoundation.org
- The Ashbery Resource Center
- John Ashbery at EPC
- John Ashbery--the Academy of American Poets