kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Leon M. Lederman|
Lederman on May 11, 2007
|Born||Leon Max Lederman|
July 15, 1922
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Died||October 3, 2018 (aged 96)|
Rexburg, Idaho, U.S.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Illinois Institute of Technology
|Alma mater||City College of New York|
|Known for||Seminal contributions to Neutrinos, bottom quark|
|Notable awards||Nobel Prize in Physics (1988)|
Wolf Prize in Physics (1982)
National Medal of Science (1965)
Vannevar Bush Award (2012)
William Procter Prize for Scientific Achievement (1991)
Leon Max Lederman (July 15, 1922 – October 3, 2018) was an American experimental physicist. He received, along with Martin Lewis Perl, the Wolf Prize in Physics in 1982. He won the prize for their research on quarks and leptons, and the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1988. He received the prize along with Melvin Schwartz and Jack Steinberger, for their research on neutrinos.
- Fermilab: Physics, the Frontier, and Megascience - Lillian Hoddeson, Adrienne W. Kolb, Catherine Westfall - Google Books
- Google Books
- Dan Falk (2005). "What About God?". Universe on a T-Shirt: The Quest for the Theory of Everything. Arcade Publishing. p. 195. . ""Physics isn't a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money." - Leon Lederman".
- Gogineni, Babu (July 10, 2012). "It’s the Atheist Particle, actually". Postnoon News. http://rationalisthumans.blogspot.com/2012/07/its-atheist-particle-actually.html. "Leon Lederman is himself an atheist and he regrets the term, and Peter Higgs who is an atheist too, has expressed his displeasure, but the damage has been done!"
- "IMSA Announces Passing of Founder, Dr. Leon Lederman". https://www.imsa.edu/imsa-announces-passing-of-founder-dr-leon-lederman/.
- The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question? by Leon M. Lederman, Dick Teresi (ISBN 0-385-31211-3)
- From Quarks to the Cosmos by Leon Lederman and David N. Schramm (ISBN 0-7167-6012-6)
- Portraits of Great American Scientists Leon M. Lederman, et al. (ISBN 1-57392-932-8)
- Symmetry and the Beautiful Universe Leon M. Lederman and Christopher T. Hill (ISBN 1-59102-242-8)
- What We'll Find Inside the Atom by Leon Lederman is an essay he wrote for the September 15, 2008 issue of Newsweek
- "Quantum Physics for Poets" Leon M. Lederman and Christopher T. Hill (ISBN 978-1616142339)
- Education, Politics, Einstein and Charm The Science Network interview with Leon Lederman
- Biography and Bibliographic Resources, from the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, United States Department of Energy
- Fermilab's Leon M. Lederman webpage
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 1988
- Video Interview with Lederman from the Nobel Foundation
- Leon M. Lederman – Autobiography
- Timeline of Nobel Prize Winners in Physics webpage for Leon Max Lederman
- Story of Leon by Leon Lederman
- Honeywell – Nobel Interactive Studio
- 1976 Cresson Medal recipient from The Franklin Institute.