kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|64th United States Secretary of State|
January 23, 1997 – January 20, 2001
|Preceded by||Warren Christopher|
|Succeeded by||Colin Powell|
|20th United States Ambassador to the United Nations|
January 27, 1993 – January 21, 1997
|Preceded by||Edward J. Perkins|
|Succeeded by||Bill Richardson|
|Born|| May 15, 1937|
|Spouse(s)||Joseph Medill Patterson Albright (1959-1982) (divorced)|
|Children||3 daughters - twins Anne and Alice, and Katherine (Katie)|
|Alma mater|| Wellesley College,|
Johns Hopkins University,
Madeleine Korbel Albright (born Marie Jana Korbelová on May 15, 1937) is an American diplomat, where she born in the Czechoslovakia. Her father was Josef Korbel. She was the first woman to become United States Secretary of State. She was appointed by President Bill Clinton on December 5, 1996. Ninety-nine United States Senators voted to confirm her. No senator voted against her. She was sworn in (taking office) on January 23, 1997. She is currently a professor at Georgetown University.
- Madam Secretary (2003)
- The Mighty and the Almighty: Reflections on America, God, and World Affairs (2006)
- Memo to the President Elect: How We Can Restore America's Reputation and Leadership (2008).
- Read My Pins (2009).
- "Biography at The Washington Post". Washingtonpost.com. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/govt/admin/albright.htm. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Biography: Madeleine Korbel Albright". Secretary.state.gov. http://secretary.state.gov/www/albright/albright.html. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- Albright, Madeleine (2009-09-29). "Read My Pins: Stories from a Diplomat's Jewel Box by Madeleine Albright". Harpercollins.com. http://www.harpercollins.com/books/9780060899189/Read_My_Pins/index.aspx. Retrieved 2009-10-16.