kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Marvin Frederick Hamlisch (June 2, 1944 – August 6, 2012) was an American composer. He was born in Manhattan, New York City. He arranged the scores of lots of movies, including The Sting and Sophie's Choice. He won an Academy Award, an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award, Grammy Awards, a Tony Award and a Pulitzer Prize.
- 1974 Winner, Best Original Dramatic Score – The Way We Were
- 1974 Winner, Best Original Song Score and/or Adaptation – The Sting
- 1974 Winner, Best Original Song – "The Way We Were" from The Way We Were
- Telegraph obituary
- "Tony Legacy, They're the Top", tonyawards.com, retrieved February 5, 2010.
- Woo, Elaine (August 8, 2012). "Marvin Hamlisch dies at 68; award-winning composer of popular music". Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-marvin-hamlisch-20120808,0,5664921.story. Retrieved August 8, 2012.