kidzsearch.com > wiki
Melinda French Gates
Melinda Gates at the World Economic Forum in 2011
Melinda Ann French
August 15, 1964
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||Duke University (BA), (MBA)|
|Occupation||Co-Chair and Founder, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|Spouse(s)||Bill Gates (m. 1994–2021)|
She was awarded an honorary damehood by Queen Elizabeth II in 2014 for her services to charity and international development. As an American citizen, she cannot be called "Dame Melinda", but can use the letters "DBE" after her name. Her current occupations are that she is a philanthropist and she is running the "Bill and Melinda Gates's Foundation" with her husband. She has three children : Phoebe Adele Gates, Rory John Gates, and Jennifer Katharine Gates. She got awarded for the Gates's Foundation in May 2006.
On May 3, 2021, Gates and Melinda announced that they had decided to divorce following 27 years of marriage, and 34 years as a couple. The couple said they will keep working together on charitable efforts.
- Novet, Jordan (May 3, 2021). "Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are splitting up after 27 years" (in en). NBC. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/bill-gates-and-melinda-gates-are-splitting-up.html.
- Media related to Melinda French Gates at Wikimedia Commons
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Melinda French Gates at TED
- Melinda French Gates on IMDb
- Melinda French Gates at the Notable Names Database
- Melinda French Gates collected news and commentary at The New York Times
- Works by or about Melinda French Gates in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Melinda Gates Goes Public, Fortune magazine, January 4, 2008
- Melinda Gates Philanthropic Profile, GiveSmart.org, November, 2012