kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Parliament of Scotland
The parliament of Scotland had only one house (cf. House of Commons, House of Lords) and was mentioned for the first time during the early thirteenth century, and the first meeting one knows of was in 1235, during the reign of Alexander II of Scotland.
- K. Brown and R. Tanner, History of the Scottish Parliament, i, 'introduction'.
- K. M. Brown and R. J. Tanner, The History of the Scottish Parliament volume 1: Parliament and Politics, 1235-1560 (Edinburgh, 2004)
- The Records of the Scottish Parliament, The complete acts and proceedings of the Scottish Parliament, General Council and much other parliamentary material from 1235 to 1707. The publication arose from the work of The Scottish Parliament Project
- The First Scottish Parliament: the Middle Ages – 1707, Scottish Parliament
- The Scottish Parliamentary Tradition, Scottish Parliament
- The Scottish Parliament Project - The Records of the Parliaments of Scotland to 1707, University of St Andrews
- Scottish Parliament records, National Archives of Scotland
- Scotland's powerful parliament, abstract of The Late Medieval Scottish Parliament: Politics and the Three Estates, Dr Roland Tanner, Tuckwell Press, ISBN 1-86232-174-4
- Original Scottish Parliament, The Scotsman