kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Pope Pius XI
|Pope Pius XI|
|Papacy began||6 February 1922|
|Papacy ended||10 February 1939|
|Predecessor||Pope Benedict XV|
|Successor||Pope Pius XII|
|Birth name||Achille Ratti|
31 May 1857 |
Desio, Lombardy-Venetia, Austrian Empire
10 February 1939 |
Apostolic Palace, Vatican City
Raptim Transit (It goes by swiftly)|
Pax Christi in Regno Christi (The Peace of Christ in the Realm of Christ)
Father Ratti was a professor at the Padua Seminary from 1882 to 1888. He worked at Ambrosian Library of Milan from 1888 to 1911; and at the Vatican Library from 1911-1914.
Cardinal Ratti was elected pope on February 6, 1922; and he chose the name Pope Pius XI.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Pope Pius XI", Embryo Project (2010); retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Pontiff Spent His Life in Religion From His Boyhood Years," New York Times. February 10, 1939; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- Pius XI, a Diplomat and a Deep Student," New York Times. February 7, 1922; retrieved 2011-11-9.
- Flinn, Frank K. et al. (2007). "Pius XI," in Encyclopedia of Catholicism, p. 520.
- Vatican webpage, Pius XI biography (Italian)
- Catholic hierarchy, Pope Pius XI
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Cardinal Ratti
| Succeeded by|