kidzsearch.com > wiki
|City of Provo|
|Named for||Étienne Provost|
|• Type||Strong mayor|
|• Mayor||Michelle Kaufusi|
|• Council Chair||Gary Winterton|
|• City||44.2 sq mi (114.4 km2)|
|• Land||41.7 sq mi (107.9 km2)|
|• Water||2.5 sq mi (6.5 km2)|
|Elevation||4,551 ft (1,387 m)|
|• Density||2,609.5/sq mi (1,007.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
Provo is an American city in the state of Utah. It is in Utah County and is east of Utah Lake. It lies to the west of high mountain peaks in the Wasatch Range. It is home to Brigham Young University. The city is the third largest city in the state. It has a population of 105,166 people.
- Van Atta, Dale (January 22, 1977). You name it - there's a town for it. Salt Lake City: Deseret Digital Media. p. W6. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=sa9SAAAAIBAJ&sjid=c38DAAAAIBAJ&pg=2503%2C5092871. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- U.S. Census Bureau 2010 Population
- "US Census QuickFacts". Archived from the original on January 23, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160123235333/http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/49/4962470.html.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov/. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Provo