kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Seismic retrofitting is the modification of buildings that already exist to make them resistant to earthquakes. Seismic retrofitting techniques can be applied to other kinds of natural disasters such as tornadoes and strong winds from thunderstorms.
Seismic retrofit performance objectives
- To protect human lives.
- To protect a structure from total failure.
- To preserve a structure's functionality after a strong earthquake.
- To make a structure, practically, unaffected by any earthquake.
- "Earthquake-Resistant Construction". http://nisee.berkeley.edu/bertero/html/earthquake-resistant_construction.html.
- Earthquake Performance Evaluation Tool Online (EPETO)Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Category handler/data' not found.Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Category handler/data' not found.[dead link]