kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Birth name||Eilleen Regina Edwards|
|Also known as||Eilleen Twain (1967–1992)|
|Born||August 28, 1965|
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Origin||Timmins, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, television personality|
|Associated acts||Billy Currington, Mark McGrath, Lionel Richie, Michael Bublé, Alison Krauss|
Shania Twain OC (born Eilleen Regina Edwards; August 28, 1965 in Timmins, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian singer-songwriter. She was married a long time to music producer Mutt Lange. She is a very successful singer/songwriter in the country and pop music genres. She is starting a musical show in Las Vegas, Nevada in late 2012.
Her 1995 album The Woman in Me brought her fame. Her 1997 album Come On Over became the best-selling album of all time by a female musician in any genre, and the best-selling country album of all time. It has sold more than 40 million copies worldwide.
Twain married music producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on December 28, 1993. They have a son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo, who was born on August 12, 2001. On May 15, 2008, a spokesperson for Mercury Nashville said that Twain and Lange were separating. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010. On December 20, 2010, Twain's manager said that Twain was engaged to Swiss Frédéric Thiébaud (the ex-husband of her former best friend), an executive at Nestlé. They married on January 1, 2011 in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
Awards and honours
In addition to the awards for her singles and albums, Twain has a number of personal honours:
- She was named the 1999 Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association. Twain was the first non-US citizen to win the CMA award.
- Twain was ranked No.7 in Country Music Television's 40 Greatest Women of Country Music in 2002.
- In 2003, Twain was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame.
- The city of Timmins (in Ontario, Canada) renamed a street for her, gave her the key to the city, and built the Shania Twain Centre in her honour.
- On November 18, 2005, Twain became an Officer in the Order of Canada.
- Twain was added to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at the Juno Awards on March 27, 2011.
- On June 2, 2011, Twain received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Her star is the 2,442nd Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the Category of Recording.
Twain has released thirty-five singles from four studio albums, one greatest hits album, and one soundtrack album.
- Studio albums
- 1993-What Made You Say That
- 1993-Dance With The One Who Brought You
- 1993-You Lay A Whole Lot Of Love On Me
- 1995-Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
- 1995-Any Man Of Mine-#1 US Country
- 1995-(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here!-#1 US Country
- 1995-The Woman In Me (Needs The Man In You)
- 1996-You Win My Love-#1 US Country
- 1996-No One Needs To Know-#1 US Country
- 1996-Home Ain't Where His Heart Is Anymore
- 1996-God Bless The Child
- 1997-Love Gets Me Every Time-#1 US Country
- 1997-Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
- 1998-You're Still The One-#1 US Country
- 1998-From This Moment On
- 1998-Honey, I'm Home-#1 US Country
- 1998-That Don't Impress Me Much
- 1999-Man! I Feel Like A Woman!
- 1999-Come On Over
- 1999-You've Got A Way
- 2000-Rock This Country
- 2000-I'm Holding On To Love (To Save My Life)!
- 2001-It's Alright (Dance Mix)
- 2002-I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
- 2003-Forever And For Always
- 2003-Thank You Baby ! (For Making Someday Come So Soon)
- 2003-She's Not Just A Pretty Face
- 2003-When You Kiss Me
- 2004-It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
- 2004-Party For Two
- 2005-I Ain't No Quitter
- 2011-Today Is Your Day
- RIAA Top 100 Albums, Riaa.com, http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100, retrieved October 1, 2009
- Harris, Bill (November 7, 2005). "Biopic looks at Twain's early years". Jam! (Canadian Online Explorer). http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/11/06/1295562.html. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Twain, Shania, Atria Books Inks Deal for Shania Twain Memoir, Shania Twain website, http://www.shaniatwain.com/news_archive.html?articleID=124§ionID=1, retrieved January 19, 2011
- "Scoop: For Shania Twain, an Eja Minor". People.com. 2001-12-03. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20135201,00.html. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- Shania Twain, Mutt Lange Separating After 14 Years They are now getting a divorce.
- MSN news Retrieved on May 16, 2008.
- Julie Dam (June 10, 2010). "Shania Twain Is Officially Divorced – and 'Radiantly Happy'". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20392236,00.html?cnn=yes. Retrieved June 11, 2010.
- December 20, 2010 (December 20, 2010). "Shania Twain Engaged to Frederic Thiebaud". Cmt.com. http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1654657/shania-twain-engaged-to-frederic-thiebaud.jhtml. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- Chiu, Alexis. "Shania's Broken Heart", People magazine, June 9, 2008
- "Twain gets married Saturday". Country Standard Time. January 2, 2011. http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=4889. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- Holly George Warren.Shania Twain 2
- "2011 Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities: Past Winners," PETA.org, accessed 29 February 2012.
- "It's Official – There is a Shania Twain Autobiography Book Deal". September 22, 2010. http://www.countrymusictattletale.com/2010/09/22/its-official-there-is-a-shania-twain-autobiography-book-deal.
- "News". Shaniatwain.com. http://www.shaniatwain.com/news_archive.html?articleID=136§ionID=1. Retrieved March 3, 2011.
- The Greatest: 40 Greatest Women of Country Music, Cmt.com, http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/greatest_series/76608/episode_countdown.jhtml, retrieved October 1, 2009
- Shania Twain in Canada's Walk of Fame
- Shania Twain Centre, Shaniatwaincenter.com, http://www.shaniatwaincenter.com, retrieved October 1, 2009
- CTV, Ctv.ca, November 18, 2005, http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051118/shania_twain_051118/20051118?hub=Canada, retrieved October 1, 2009