kidzsearch.com > wiki
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Transcluder' not found. Shizuoka is the capital city of Shizuoka Prefecture in Japan. It is on the island of Honshū. The population was 3,765,044 in 2010. There are three areas of the city: Aoi, Suruga, and Shimizu.
|"Shizuoka" in kanji|
- Granship is a large, public convention facility designed by architect Arata Isozaki.
- Miho no Matsubara is a place on the Miho peninsula with pine trees and views of Mount Fuji on a clear day. The pine groves were added to the World Heritage List as part of the Fujisan Cultural Site in 2013.
- Nihondaira is a 308-metre hill in central Shizuoka with good views of Mount Fuji, the Izu Peninsula, and Shimizu Bay.
- Kunōzan Tōshō-gū was the original burial place of Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- New Tower was built in Sumpujou Park in 2013.
People from Shizuoka
- Princess Akishino—princess in the Japanese Imperial Family
- Masafumi Goto—lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist of the J-rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Koji Gyotoku—football player and coach of Bhutan national football team
- Keiko Masuda—Singer, "Kei" of female pop music duo Pink Lady
- Kazuyoshi Miura—football player
- Riyo Mori—Miss Universe 2007
- Mitsuyo Nemoto—Singer, "Mie" of Pink Lady
- Momoko Sakura—cartoonist, creator of Chibi Maruko-chan
- Atsuto Uchida—football player
- Yoshito Usui—creator of Crayon Shin-Chan
- Takahiro Yamada—bassist of Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Shizuoka" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 876.
- Media related to Shizuoka, Shizuoka at Wikimedia Commons
- Geographic data related to Shizuoka, Shizuoka at OpenStreetMap
- Shizuoka travel guide from Wikivoyage