kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Area (rank)||7,779.63 km² (13th)|
|- % water||2.6%|
|Population (July 1, 2010)|
|- Population||3,774,471 (10th)|
|- Density||485.17 /km²|
|- Flower||Azalea (Rhododenron)|
|- Tree||Sweet Osmanthus (Osmanthus fragrans var. aurantiacus)|
|- Bird||Japanese Paradise Flycatcher (Terpsiphone atrocaudata)|
Symbol of Shizuoka Prefecture
|Template ■ Discussion|
- 1586 – Construction begins at Sumpu Castle
- 1617 – Tōshōgū Shrine
- 1949 – Founding of University of Shizuoka
Shizuoka is on the east coast of Honshu facing the Pacific Ocean. The prefecture is bordered on the west by Aichi Prefecture and Nagano Prefecture. The northern borders of Shuzuoka are shared with Yamanashi Prefecture and Kanagawa Prefecture.
Mount Fuji is on the northern border of Shizuoka.
National Parks are established in about 11% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
- Provinces of Japan
- Prefectures of Japan
- List of regions of Japan
- List of islands of Japan
- Júbilo Iwata
- Shimizu S-Pulse
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Shizuoka-ken" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 876; "Chūbu" at p. 126.
- Nussbaum, "Shizuoka" at p. 876.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- "Japan's Prime Minister Shuts Nuclear Plant in Earthquake Danger Zone," Environmental News Service, May 6, 2011; retrieved 2011-11-28.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-8-28.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 1; retrieved 2012-8-28.