kidzsearch.com > wikiYamanashi Prefecture Explore:web images videos games
|Area (rank)||4,465.38 km² (32nd)|
|- % water||1.3%|
|Population (February 1, 2011)|
|- Population||861,431 (41st)|
|- Density||192.91 /km²|
|- Flower||Fujizakura (Sakura)|
|- Tree||Kaede (Japanese Maple)|
|- Bird||Uguisu (Bush Warbler)|
Symbol of Yamanashi Prefecture
|Template ■ Discussion|
The prefecture is landlocked with mountains surrounding the central Kōfu Basin.
Mount Fuji is on the southern border with Shizuoka.
Towns and Villages
Towns and villages in each district:
National Parks are established in about 27% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
- Provinces of Japan
- Prefectures of Japan
- List of regions of Japan
- List of islands of Japan
- Ventforet Kofu
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Yamanashi-ken" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 1044; "Chūbu" at p. 126.
- Kofu City official website (in English); retrieved 2011-11-29.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Nussbaum, "Kai" at p. 448.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-8-28.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 1; retrieved 2012-8-28.
- Official Yamanashi Prefecture homepage (in English); (in Japanese)
- Osano Memorial Foundation website
- Yamanashi English Teachers International homepage (JET)