kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|— Public body of the Netherlands —|
Location of Sint Eustatius (circled in red)
in the Caribbean (light yellow)
(and largest city)
|Recognised regional languages||English|
|Government||See Politics of the Netherlands|
|-||Lt. Governor||Gerald Berkel|
8.1 sq mi
|Currency||US dollar (
|Time zone||AST (UTC−4)|
|Internet TLD||.an, .nl|
Sint Eustatius, also known as Statia, or Saint Eustace, is one of the islands which make up the Netherlands Antilles; it is in the northern, Leeward Islands portion of the West Indies, some distance southeast of the Virgin Islands. It forms part of the inner arc of the Leeward Island chain, lying immediately to the northwest of Saint Kitts and Nevis and to the southeast of Saba at 17°30′N 62°58′W. The regional capital is Oranjestad. It is named after the legendary Catholic Saint Eustace.
Sint Eustatius has a land area of 21 km² (8.1 sq. miles). At the 2001 Netherlands Antilles census, the population was 2,292 inhabitants, which means a population density of 109 inh. per km². In 2004, the population was estimated at 2,498 inhabitants.
- English can be used in relations with the government
"Invoeringswet openbare lichamen Bonaire, Sint Eustatius en Saba" (in Dutch). wetten.nl. http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0028063/tekst_bevat_taal%2Bin%2Bhet%2Bbestuurlijk%2Bverkeer/geldigheidsdatum_14-10-2012. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling Caribisch Nederland; geboorte, sterfte, migratie" (in Dutch). Central Bureau of Statistics. 2012. http://statline.cbs.nl/StatWeb/publication/?DM=SLNL&PA=80539ned&D1=0-1,9-10&D2=a&D3=a&HDR=T&STB=G1,G2&CHARTTYPE=1&VW=T. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- The domain for the Netherlands Antilles has remained active after its dissolution. The ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code BQ was established for the entity "Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba". ("ISO 3166-1 decoding table". International Organization for Standardization. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/country_codes/iso_3166_code_lists/iso-3166-1_decoding_table.htm#BQ. Retrieved 2010-12-17. ) An Internet ccTLD has however not been established by the IANA, and it is unknown if it will be opened for registration.
- Sint Eustatius Tourist Office's homepage
- Sint Eustatius info in Lonely Planet website
- Sint Eustatius Center for Archaeological Research