kidzsearch.com > wiki
|12th Director of Central Intelligence|
March 9, 1977 – January 20, 1981
|Deputy|| E. Henry Knoche|
John F. Blake
|Preceded by||George H. W. Bush|
|Succeeded by||William J. Casey|
|37th President of the Naval War College|
June 30, 1972 – August 9, 1974
|Preceded by||Benedict J. Semmes Jr.|
|Succeeded by||Julien LeBourgeois|
|Born|| December 1, 1923|
Highland Park, Illinois, U.S.
|Died|| January 18, 2018 (aged 94)|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Resting place||United States Naval Academy Cemetery|
|Years of service||1946–1978|
|Commands|| USS Conquest|
U.S. Second Fleet
Allied Forces Southern Europe
|Battles/wars|| Korean War|
Stansfield M. Turner (December 1, 1923 – January 18, 2018) was a United States Navy admiral and former Director of Central Intelligence and President of the Naval War College. He is currently a senior research scholar at the University of Maryland, College Park School of Public Policy.
Turner was born on December 1, 1923 in Highland Park, Illinois. He studied at Amherst College, at the United States Naval Academy, and at Exeter College, Oxford. Turner now lives in Great Falls, Virginia, and is a Christian Scientist Turner died in Seattle, Washington on January 18, 2018 at the age of 94.
- "Stansfield Turner obituary". http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=stansfield-turner&pid=188680632&referrer=0&preview=false.
- Margolick, David (August 6, 1990). "In Child Deaths, a Test for Christian Science; Faith vs. the Law; A special report.". The New York Times: p. A2. . https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE0D61030F935A3575BC0A966958260.
- Shapiro, T. Rees (January 18, 2018). "Adm. Stansfield Turner, who led major CIA overhaul as director of central intelligence, dies at 94". Washington Post (Washingotn, DC). https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/adm-stansfield-turner-who-led-major-cia-overhaul-as-director-of-central-intelligence-dies-94/2018/01/18/eac46390-fc99-11e7-ad8c-ecbb62019393_story.html.
- Prepared Statement before Congress on MKULTRA
- Testimony before Congress on MKULTRA, Part 1
- Testimony before Congress on MKULTRA, Part 2
- Interview on the Iranian Arms Scandal from the Dean Peter Krogh Foreign Affairs Digital Archives