kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad
|The Golden Voyage of Sinbad|
|Directed by||Gordon Hessler|
|Produced by||Charles H. Schneer|
|Written by||Brian Clemens|
|Starring||John Phillip Law|
|Music by||Miklós Rózsa|
|Cinematography||Ted Moore, BSC|
|Edited by||Roy Watts|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad is a fantasy movie released in 1974. It stars John Phillip Law as Sinbad. It includes a score by composer Miklós Rózsa. It is known mostly for the stop-motion effects by Ray Harryhausen. The movie is the second of three Sinbad movies that Harryhausen made for Columbia. The others are The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958) and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977).
It won the first Saturn Award for Best Fantasy Film.
- John Phillip Law as Sinbad, the main protagonist.
- Tom Baker as Koura, the main antagonist of the movie. (Christopher Lee was a front-runner to play Koura.) Baker's performance helped him get the lead role in the TV series Doctor Who, as the show's producers were impressed with his performance.
- Takis Emmanuel as Achmed. Emmanuel was dubbed by Robert Rietty.
- Caroline Munro as Margiana. Munro was well known at the time for being featured in advertisements for Lamb's Navy Rum.
- Douglas Wilmer as The Vizier
- Kurt Christian as Haroun
- Martin Shaw as Rachid
- Robert Shaw as the Oracle of All Knowledge (uncredited)