kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Time in Russia
Russia currently has eleven time zones:
Daylight saving time (DST) is no longer observed in Russia but it was used from when it was part of the Soviet Union until 2011, then President Dmitry Medvedev announced on February 8, 2011, that summer time will be used all year, leaving Moscow Time on UTC+4 year round.
On 22 July 2014, Another bill was re-introduced, forcing all Russian time zones to move an hour back, and Moscow Time is now on UTC+3. However, the
- Udmurtia and Samara Oblast remained on UTC+04:00, (thus reinstating Samara Time, MSK+1)
- Kemerovo Oblast remained on UTC+07:00 (went from Omsk to Krasnoyarsk Time)
- Zabaykalsky Krai moved back two hours to UTC+08:00 (went from Yakutsk to Irkutsk Time)
- Magadan Oblast moved back two hours to UTC+10:00 (went from Magadan Time, MSK+8 to Vladivostok Time, MSK+7)
- Chukotka Autonomous Okrug and Kamchatka Krai remained on UTC+12:00 (thus reinstating Kamchatka Time, MSK+9)
- The parts of the Magadan Time zone that remained on MSK+8, were given a new time zone name, Srednekolymsk Time, UTC+11.
More time changes occurred in 2016. On March 27, several times were changed:
- Astrakhan and Ulyanovsk oblasts moved forward one hour from UTC+03:00 to UTC+04:00 (from Moscow to Samara time)
- Altai Krai and Altai Republic moved forward one hour from UTC+06:00 to UTC+07:00 (from Omsk to Krasnoyarsk time)
- Zabaykalsky Krai moved forward one hour from UTC+08:00 to UTC+09:00 (from Irkutsk to Yakutsk time)
- Sakhalin Oblast moved forward one hour from UTC+10:00 to UTC+11:00 (from Vladivostok to Srednekolymsk time), except Severo-Kurilsky District, which was already in UTC+11:00 (Srednekolymsk Time)
On April 24, another time zone was changed:
- Magadan Oblast moved forward one hour from UTC+10:00 to UTC+11:00 (from Vladivostok to Srednekolymsk time)
On July 24, another time zone was changed:
- Novosibirsk Oblast moved forward one hour from UTC+06:00 to UTC+07:00 (from Omsk to Krasnoyarsk time)
And, on December 4, another time zone was changed:
- Saratov Oblast moved forward one hour from UTC+03:00 to UTC+04:00 (from Moscow to Samara time)
- "Russia Abolishes Winter Time". February 8, 2011. https://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/russia-winter-time.html. Retrieved February 9, 2011.