kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1000s 1010s 1020s – 1030s – 1040s 1050s 1060s|
|Years:||1027 1028 1029 – 1030 – 1031 1032 1033|
- July 29 — Battle of Stiklestad (Norway): Olav Haraldsson loses to the people he ruled and is killed in the fight. The people he lost to were called "pagan" because they were not Christian. Later on, Olav is made a saint and is called the patron saint of Norway and Rex perpetuum Norvegiae ('the eternal king of Norway', or 'King of Norway forever').
- The city of Kaunas in Lithuania is founded.
- The city of Tartu in Estonia is founded.
- Thalwil, Switzerland, is talked about for the first time
- Henry I of France fights against his father Robert.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese historian and scholar Ouyang Xiu earned his jinshi degree at the age of 22 by passing the highest level tests in the country. This was his third time to take the test. This degree let him work for the government as a scholar-official.
- Byzantine Emperor Romanus III attacks Syria.
- Masud begins to rule the Ghaznavid Empire after the death of his father Mahmud.
- July 26 — Stanislaus of Szczepanów, Saint Stanislaw (died 1079)
- Baldwin VI, Count of Flanders (died 1070)
- Vsevolod I of Kiev (died 1093)