kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1700s 1710s 1720s – 1730s – 1740s 1750s 1760s|
|Years:||1733 1734 1735 – 1736 – 1737 1738 1739|
- January 26 – Stanislaus I of Poland abdicates his throne
- February 12 – Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor weds Maria Theresa, mother of Marie Antoinette
- April 14 – Porteous Riots erupt in Edinburgh after execution of a smuggler Andrew Wilson when town guard captain John Porteous orders his men to fire at the crowd. Porteous is arrested later
- May 8 – Marriage of Frederick, Prince of Wales and Augusta of Saxe-Gotha.
- May 26 – Battle of Ackia: British and Chickasaw Native Americans defeat French troops.
- September 7 – Edinburgh crowd drags John Porteous out of his cell in Tolbooth prison and lynches him
- A French expedition led by Pierre Louis Maupertuis is sent by King Louis XV to Lapland to measure the length of a degree of the meridian, and proves that the Earth is flattened at the poles
- Real Arissona, namesake of the U.S. state Arizona is founded in what is now that state.
- Isaac Newton Publishes his Method of Fluxions
- Thomas Bayes publishes a defense of Isaac Newton's calculus
- Leonhard Euler solves the mathematical problem known as the seven bridges of Königsberg
- for more information, see Category:1736 births.
- for more information, see Category:1736 deaths.